SXSW 2007

This is my travel blog. It started as a way for people to keep up with my trip to Australia to watch the 2006/7 Ashes series, and continued with my trip to SXSW 2007 in Austin, Texas, and Las Vegas in March '07.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006


Well, about 8 months of work is finally paying off. I've got in my hand tickets for all five days at Brisbane & Adelaide, and in about 40 mins will set off for the Gabba. Come on England!
There's loads of England fans here - you can spot the greater spotted Englishman anywhere with his white legs (soon to be lobster pink after falling asleep after lunch in the sun), cricket or footy tops and general demeanour of "where's the alcohol?". Pubs & bars are doing roaring trade.
Pictures - despite what my good friend Faz back in the UK said I do really need an Australian ISP to use my laptop from our hotel so I can't yet upload pictures to this site as I'm using the hotel's PC which won't allow that. But rest assured I will overcome this technological hurdle & glorious colour snaps of our hotel room view of the Brisbane river, sunshine & general shots of wonderful sights & weather will soon be winging your way!
PS Moz & I will be at backward square leg for the entire match at Brisbane so look out for us!

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, November 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi James and Moz,
Set for your fare of cricket?
It started with a wide to second slip, hopefully didn't set the tone for the rest of the Ashes! But it did set the tone for the rest of the mornings play. I sat glued to BBC 301, looking at a still picture of the ground and updated stats, this was the best I could do. One hour later, no wickets and 60 runs, I gave up, and went to bed for 5 hours.
I woke up to 3 wickets...and you know the rest. It's Flintoff versus Austratlia.
Get some good shut eye, and let's hope for a better second day.
Look forward to overcoming your technical problems, and can't wait for your uploads, especially of attractive young gentlemen with peak caps?
Yours from Old Town, Swindon, well now sat at my desk in Oxford...Pug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home