SXSW 2007

This is my travel blog. It started as a way for people to keep up with my trip to Australia to watch the 2006/7 Ashes series, and continued with my trip to SXSW 2007 in Austin, Texas, and Las Vegas in March '07.

Friday, November 24, 2006


On the last Ashes tour Australia made 600+ in the first innings at Brisbane and won by (I think) 400+ runs. Only a miracle on the scale of the Dunkirk evacuation will save England from a similar fate over the next day or so. I realised that we were deep in the shit early in the day when, searching for somewhere to shelter from the sun later in the day, discovered that you could watch standing on the covered concourse behind the sightscreen. From here I could see Hoggard getting appreciable swing, Anderson movement off the seam & bounce from Harmison. Unfortunately the accuracy of their deliveries left a lot to be desired & so no pressure was applied to the batsmen. If we can move it that much I thought, what will McGrath & Co manage? And so it came to pass. Yea verily England are deep in the doo-doo and the first rule when you are in a hole? STOP DIGGING! So what did Strauss do? Hooked it straight down the throat of Hussey at backward square leg. Cue usual collapse.
Harmison should be sent home & never play for England again. If any of us who play cricket bowled as he did yesterday & the day before we would be dropped like a stone. At times he could hardly get it on the cut strip. His only wicket was one caught down the legside. At times the batsmen couldn't even reach the ball let alone hit it.
Oh well, I suppose it gives us a day off on day 5 & even perhaps day 4 as well. I'm off to the ground now so wish me (and England) luck. They need it...................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home